For fajitas or tacos - just add leftover meat or roasted veggies and wrap in tortillas. This picture makes me happy, all the beautiful colors and all that freshness. Nice to have the food you eat make you happy just to look at it.
Well there’s a lot that you can do with leftovers, but at our home, leftovers usually turn into fajita night. We love them, so it really isn’t a punishment to eat the leftovers!
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Left over meat sliced (steak, chicken, pork)
- 1/2 red pepper sliced or 1/2 yellow pepper sliced or both
- 1/2 small purple or yellow onion chopped
- Optional: Any other sliced veggies that you have (tonight I used asparagus and zucchini)
- Toppings that you prefer such as cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, avocado, salsa
- Get all your toppings ready such as sliced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, etc. and put them all on a plate.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and saute all the veggies until tender. Remove to a plate and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
- In the same pan quickly warm the left over meat that you have sliced.
- Warm the tortillas, you can do this directly on the oven burner, in the microwave, or on a grill.
- Put everything together on the tortilla.
I forgot to take a picture of the meat, but there really is meat under all those veggies although this is a great meal for vegetarians also and just skip the leftover meat. Enjoy!